Do I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed: Quiz
Introduction to wisdom tooth
Wisdom teeth are the third set of molar teeth, they are grown at the age of late teen or early twenties. They are located at the back of the mouth on the each side in pair located at the to of teeth and other at the bottom of each side. They’re named as wisdom tooth because they grew at the age when person then more wisdom.
Wisdom Tooth had served purpose to our ancestors, because they used to eat raw meat and raw plants. So that, they required extra teeth for proper grinding of food. Now the human have evolved and cooking methods are changed, the wisdom tooth work has vanished and there is no need of them.
If there removal necessary?
It is very important to know whether the removal of wisdom tooth is necessary or not. Sometimes wisdom tooth are misaligned and can cause pain and discomfort. They can also lead to various dental problems such as infection and crowding of teeth, delaying and neglecting of wisdom teeth can cause serious problems.
It is very important to visit dental specialists to know whether removal of wisdom tooth is necessary or not, he can tell whether your wisdom teeth are problematic or not.
Signs and symptoms for wisdom tooth removal
Pain and discomfort
In some cases when the Wisdom tooth are emerging person feel pain and discomfort. This pain cam be dull or it can be continuous ache in the back of mouth and extreme discomfort. The intensity of the pain can vary and it can spread to the other parts of the body like ear, neck, jaw etc.
Crowding of Teeth
Other common problems like crowding of teeth. When wisdom teeth emerges they pushes the other neighboring molar teeth, this will lead to crowding of teeth. Crowding of teeth can lead to crooked teeth or biting issues and overall dental misalignment. It is advised to address this issue as soon as possible. Removal of wisdom teeth earlier can protect you from such abnormalities.
Infection or gum issues
The wisdom tooth that are not fully emerged can form pockets, this will cause accumulation of bacteria at that site. The accumulation of bacteria can lead to infection and inflammation at that site. To prevent your gums from such infection and inflammation, it is very important to remove wisdom teeth. Gum issues that are caused by wisdom teeth not only cause discomfort but also effect the overall health of the person.
Quiz on wisdom tooth removal
Purpose of quiz
The main purpose of quiz is to help out the people who are facing difficulty in the removal of wisdom tooth or feeling any kind of problem. This quiz help in providing guidance to the people, because it is answered by the qualified doctors.
Questions related to symptoms and dental history
- The first question that arises related to wisdom tooth is age of the person, mostly they grow in the late teen age or early twenties.
- It is important to question related to age .
- The next question will be related to pain and discomfort. If the patient is feeling any kind of pain and discomfort?
- Do you notice any kind of crowding of or feel like your teeth are being crowded?
- Do you feel any kind of issue in your gums? Does bleeding, tenderness or any issue present in your gums?
- Have you ever face this kind of issue before?
Scoring and results
Next step is to give score at the end of quiz, make results according to the guidelines for interpretation.
- If 0 to 1 points are given to the wisdom tooth, then immediate removal of tooth is required. However, it is very important to go for regular dental checkups.
- Its scores are given between 2 to 3 points, then it is moderate risk and indicate that there are some issues in the wisdom teeth. It is very important to consult a doctor before undergoing wisdom to the removal in such cases.
- If points are equal to 4 to 5, it indicates that there is higher risk in the wisdom teeth. It indicates higher chances of wisdom teeth removal before it causes any kind of disturbance or discomfort. It is very important to take appointment from the doctor and discuss all the signs and symptoms with him, then proceed according to Doctor’s advice.
It is very important to understand that whether you need wisdom teeth or not. for this purpose proper queues is prepared which is provided to the person he answers the question of that quiz and then points are given from 0 to 5. Then they’re treated according to their points given. Wisdom tooth can cause various problems such as overcrowding, pain, discomfort and infection. in some cases it became important to remove wisdom teeth, But in the other cases wisdom teeth can be left untreated because they are not causing any kind of discomfort.