How long does it take to get a dental bridge: comprehensive note
Introduction to Dental Bridge
The teeth which are broken are replaced by artificial teeth, which help in normal chewing. The dental bridge consists of 2 crowns which are placed on the healthy teeth. The word dental bridge defines itself. It consists of two crowns and an artificial tooth which is fixed did they help of original teeth and artificial teeth act as bridge.
Types of dental bridge
There are different types of dental bridge. Some of them are discussed below.
- Traditional dental bridge, this is a traditional type of bridge in which the dentist places the crown on either side of the gap and the artificial teeth Covers the gap.
- The second type of dental bridge is Maryland dental bridge. In this type of dental bridge, the dentist uses a metal wire which is bounded on the backside of neighboring teeth to give support to the dental bridge.
- Cantilever dental bridge is the third type of dental bridge. In the cantilever dental bridge, the crown is just on the one Of the artificial teeth. This is almost similar to the traditional dental bridge in which the crown is on both sides of the artificial teeth.
- The 4th and the last type of dental bridge is known as Implant supported dental bridge. This type of dental bridge is almost similar to traditional dental bridge.
Importance of dental bridge for oral health
Dental bridge is of great importance for your oral and your physical health. This will enable you to chew, smile, eat and talk normally. The physical health of a person depends upon how properly that person is eating his diet and nutritious elements that are present in the diet are absorbed properly when the food is chewed properly. That’s why the dental bridge is very important for your oral health.
Preparatory phase of dental bridge
The preparatory phase is the first phase of the dental bridge. it consists of following points.
Consulting a dentist
Before going for the dental bridge process first of all, you should consult a doctor. By consulting your doctor, you will come to know about your dental health. The doctor will recommend you if the dental bridge placement is required or not.
Dental examination and X-ray
While consulting doctor He will examine you properly and we’ll take an X-ray of your damaged dental side, then he will recommend you if the dental bridge is required for you or not required. He will properly check the x-ray results, then he will guide you.
Complete procedure of Dental Bridge
The first step of dental bridge implantation is tooth preparation. The deeds that are present on the other side of the gap are prepared, because the crowns that are attached the dental bridge or have to be placed on the teeth on the sides of gap. So for this purpose, the abutment (neighboring teeth) teeth are prepared into a specific shape on which the crowns will fit perfectly.
To make this procedure painless, local anesthesia like lignocaine is used. But in some cases, the dental implant is preferred over the dental bridges, if the teeth that are present on either side of the gap are not strong enough to hold the dental bridge.
Initially, a temporary dental bridge was placed on the shaped teeth to protect them from any damage. Because the real dental bridge is to be placed on them.
2nd appointment for Dental Bridge
In the second appointment of the dental bridge procedure, the temporary dental bridge was placed to protect the shape from the neighboring teeth. It is recommended to use anesthesia before any dental procedure to make it painless for the patient.
After the removal of the temporary dental bridge, proper cleaning of the site is very important to make this procedure infection free. After cleaning, the dental bridge is then fixed with the cementing material that holds the bridge strongly.
Then the patient is requested to bite the teeth together gently. To check out the result of the dental bridge. This is basically done to check out that the patient is feeling comfortable with the new dental bridge because sometimes the dental bridge is not fixed properly and causes discomfort.
After the dental bridge is fixed properly and it is comfortable for the patient, then it is the duty of the dentist to guide the patient how to take care of the new dental bridge that can last longer. These postoperative measures that are recommended by the dentist are very important. If these measures are followed and the patient takes care of his oral health, it is guaranteed that these dental bridges can last up to 12 years.
Factors affecting the health of dental bridge
There are many factors that can affect the health of dental bridge, they are discussed in detail:
- The quality of the neighboring teeth is very important for the long lasting dental bridge. If the neighboring teeth are not strong enough to hold the dental bridge, it will not last longer.
- The experience of the dentist matters a lot, so while choosing a dentist you should be aware of his previous experience. An experienced dentist can do this procedure properly.
- Oral health is a very important factor that contributes to the lifetime of dental bridge. If your oral health is not good, then the dental bridge will not last longer, but if you take care of your oral health then it can last for a very long time, up to 12 years or more.
- You should give extra attention to the cleansing of your dental bridge. In this way, you can keep it infection free and this will last longer.
- Diet plays a vital role in the health of teeth. If you have a good healthy organic diet, then your dental bridge will last longer as compared to if you are having junk food it will reduce lifetime of your dental bridge. Some of junk food like burgers, pizza, soft drinks, and other that are high in sugar should be avoided.