How To Reduce Gap Between Teeth Naturally At Home: Detail
If the gaps are present between the teeth this is a situation known as diastema. This is a common problem that many patients face nowadays. These gaps are basically present between the teeth and they are mostly noticed when they are present between the front teeth. In such condition, the person try to hide his teeth while smiling.
The gap in the teeth maybe due to various factors like genetics, Habit of thumb sucking or due to tooth loss. It increases self consciousness of the person and damages the confidence of speaking or smiling. There are many ways to reduce the teeth gap but some of the natural remedies are discussed in this article.
Importance of natural remedies
There are several reasons for which the natural remedies have great importance.
- First and the most important reason is that these natural remedies are cost effective and are in the reach of everyone.
- These natural remedies also attract those people who avoid expensive braces and orthodontic treatments.
- One of the main significance of these natural remedies is that it provides strength to the teeth, which helps in making the long lasting strong teeth.
- By using natural remedies People achieve their goal of reducing the gap and it is a painless process without using chemicals that can harm your oral cavity.
Causes of gap between teeth
There are several causes that can cause gap between the teeth naturally, some of them are discussed in detail below.
Genetics have great influence on the gap between the teeth. if the parents or grandparents have diastema, then there are chances that the son or grandson will have gap between the teeth. This genetic factor will influence the size, shape and alignment of the teeth, this also influence the gap between the teeth.
There are some habits that can cause gap between the teeth, some of the habits are discussed below.
This is one of the main habits that causes the gap between the teeth. When the children suck there are some they exert pressure while inserting their thumb forward and backward, this pressure puts forced on the teeth that will create a gap between the teeth.
Tongue thrusting is another habit that can cause gap between the teeth. It is habit of some people they play pressure with their tongue on their front teeth while swallowing or after eating. This causes increase in the gap between the front teeth. It is very important to correct the posture of tongue to get rid of such bad habits that can cause gap.
Gum disease is another one of the major causes that can cause gap in the teeth. The gum disease are also known as periodontal disease, in some cases the gums leaves the surface of the teeth and leading to formation of gap between the teeth, this condition is known as gum recession.
Missing teeth also causes the gap between the teeth. When the teeth is missing the neighboring teeth will start moving to fill the gap and this will create more gaps between the teeth. When the tooth is lost due to an injury or accident the neighboring teeth will start moving toward the gap trying to fill the gap and creating more gaps between the other teeth.
DIY remedies to reduce teeth gap
There are several DIY remedies that can be performed at home to reduce teeth gap naturally at home, some of the remedies are discussed below.
Clove oil is one of the best natural remedies that used at home from centuries in treating different purposes related to dental disease or disorders.
- Dilute the clove oil with another oil like coconut oil, because pure clove oil can cause irritation.
- Apply the clove oil on the gap between the teeth.
- Massage the oil for few minutes and leave it.
- After the completion of massage rinse the oil with warm water to remove the excess of the oil.
Turmeric paste another great natural remedy that can be used to reduce the gap between the teeth. it has natural anti-inflammatory effect.
- Mix turmeric powder with water to make paste.
- Apply it gently on the gap between the teeth.
- Massage the paste for few minutes.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with warm water to clean the extra paste that is present on the teeth.
Aloe Vera gel
Aloe Vera gel has many healing properties can help in the reducing the gap between the teeth. It can be used as natural remedy and sports in the healing purpose of gum disease.
- Take small amount of aloe Vera gel on the clean finger or the toothbrush.
- apply gently on the gap between the teeth.
- Massage aloe Vera gel on the gap between the teeth for a few minutes.
- Then rinse your mouth after few minutes or you can leave the aloe Vera gel on your teeth.