How to Sleep With a Toothache? Comprehensive guide
In period of discomfort, when toothache strikes. Its pain, sharp and persistent ache making easiest task a challenge for you.
Short Explanation to Discomfort by Toothache
Toothache suddenly stopped would be a miracle, it is like a tiny persistent drummer in your mouth, continuously playing unpleasant tune. It can divert your focus from your work and irritates you. It is a sharp and persistent ache that make you uncomfortable every time when you take a sip of cold water or you bite anything.
Importance of sleep for your overall health condition
Sleep is one of the main factor that play important part in the wellbeing of your healthy status. As it is necessary to charge your phone to use it for a longer interval, similarly sleep is your charging. If you want to work actively everyday, you need a good sleep first. As, it boosts you immunity level and helps you in thinking clearly. Proper sleep helps in repairing of your body after hardworking of whole day. If you don’t get good sleep, you might feel lazy and groggy.
Toothache can effect your sleep cycle, thus effecting your overall health condition. So, it is very important to get a proper sleep because it will help in charging your body.
What are causes of toothache
Toothache is caused by variety of factors, some of them are following:
- Tooth decay one of the main cause too toothache.
- Fractured tooth can cause toothache.
- Grinding your teeth or chewing excessive bubble gum can cause toothache.
- Infection can lead to toothache.
- Abscess in the tooth can lead to this problem.
- Inappropriate filling in the tooth can lead to it.
Is Toothache a Dental Emergency
When toothache become emergency? It one of the most common question asked related to this topic. If this pain continues for a longer period of time, you should consult a specialist without any delay. It can cause:
- High fever, leading to weakness.
- If it remains for more than 48 hours, it is better to consult the dentist.
- It can cause swelling visible on your face.
- Difficulty in eating and swallowing.
- It can cause difficulties in breathing and can cause wheezing.
Countering Pain Before Bedtime
Rinse with salt water
Rinsing your mouth with salty water can help you in countering pain. Mixing a teaspoon of salt in water help you in getting rid of toothache for a shorter period of time. Salt water is a natural antiseptic solution helps you in getting rid of pain and irritation. Gargling before going to bed can help you in a comfortable night, free of toothache. It is similar to the breeze of sea water that is giving relief to your oral cavity.
Using Cold Press to get Relief
To get a conformable sleep, it is better to make routine of using cold press before going to bed. This simple cold press method can be a game changer for your night sleep. To use cold press, you have to just apply it on your cheeks outside near the painful area. This can provide you quick comfort, moving it slowly around the area. It is better to use ice packs, they can provide much needed rest from the continuous irritating toothache.
Things Required for Comfortable Sleep
Pillow and Mattress
Choosing a right pillow and Mattress is very important for comfortable sleep. Always opt a pillow that provides complete base to your head and mattress that is comfortable for your back. By choosing the right pillow will help you to keep your head tilted. This will allow lesser blood flow, which will help in avoiding toothache. This right balance will provide complete support in keeping away toothache and making a dreamful night for you.
Turn off lights while sleeping
It is very important to keep the room dark during sleep time. The quality of sleep depends on the darkness and quietness in the room. A quiet room creates calmness and it allows your mind to go into deep sleep. While room with turn on lights will not allow to get proper sleep, as light interrupts you sleep period leading to restlessness. Proper sleep is important to get rid of toothache.
Optimizing your room environment is very important for good sleep at night. Temperature of your room should not be too hot or too cold, it is important to set optimum temperature. A room with good temperature allows you to get an uninterrupted sleep during night.
Techniques and Exercises for better sleep
Deep breathing exercise
In deep breathing exercise follow following protocol l:
- Make your min clam and relaxed.
- Focus on your breathing feel the air you are inhaling and exhaling.
- Inhale the air and keep it for 3 to 5 seconds while feeling the flow of air rushing into your lungs.
- Now exhale the air slowly in 3 to 5 seconds.
- Repeat this procedure 10 to 20 times.
- It is better to do it early in the morning, feeling the fresh air claiming your mind.
Meditation and muscle relaxation
Meditation and muscle relaxation brings calmness and smoothness in your body. Relaxed and calmed body will be more responsive as compared to stressed body.
Things to Avoid During Toothache
Don’t use alcohol
Avoid caffeine and Alcohol if you are having toothache problem, they can increase the blood flow. Which will lead to increase in pain. These products increase blood pressure leading to increase blood flow into cavities, which will cause sensation and toothache.
Managing stress and anxiety
Stress and anxiety have direct relationship with oral problems. To deal with toothache and to have better sleep. It is very important to cope with stress and anxiety. By controlling stress, it will create an comfortable sleeping environment for your brain.
What to do if you can’t sleep with toothache?
There are simple tips to avoid toothache and have beautiful sleep
- Avoid stress and anxiety.
- Avoid alcoholic and caffeine products.
- Relax your muscles.
- Do meditation and breathing exercises.
- Use comfortable pillow and mattress.
- Always keep your head tilted during sleep.
- It is better to keep the room dark and quiet during sleep time.
- Temperature of the room should be optimal.