Reason of Headache After Wisdom Teeth Removal
Wisdom tooth removal
Wisdom tooth also known as the third pair of molar teeth, that are present at the end of oral cavity. In some cases it become important to remove wisdom teeth, because they can cause various discomfort and difficulties like pain stress etc. These teeth are grown at the end for cavity and lack proper space for the growth and lead to various difficulties like misalignment or overcrowding of teeth.
Headache is one of the difficulty that can be due to removal of wisdom teeth, it is very important to deal with this headache because it can cause a lot of discomfort and stress and can affect the overall health of the person.
Factors causing headache
There are several factors that can cause headaches some of them are discussed below.
- Some individuals are too sensitive they are they are more prone to such discomfort and headache.
- The removal of wisdom teeth sometimes becomes so complex that this complexity leads to unusual headache.
- It’s a pain during the wisdom tooth removal is not is not managed in an effective way, it can lead to occurrence of headache and a lot of discomfort.
- If a patient is with pre-existing history of migraine and headache, then there are chances that he should face headache after the removal of wisdom tooth.
- Medications are effective to deal with headache, such as opioid and painkillers are mostly used if the headache occur after the removal of wisdom tooth.
Causes of headache after the removal of wisdom tooth
There are several causes that can lead to headache after the removal of wisdom to some of them are discuss below.
Surgical trauma or any inflammation
This surgical process of wisdom teeth removal can cause trauma or inflammation, this trauma or inflammation could be the main cause of headache, and the patient undergoes discomfort and stress.
The swelling that has occurred after the removal of wisdom tooth can cause pain and, this pain can radiate into the head causing pain in the head.
Side effects of medication
Several medicines are recommended after the removal of wisdom teeth sometimes these medicines put negative effect on the health of the person and cause headache. Some painkillers like opioids have negative effect on the pain that occurred after the removal and they enhance the pain in the head. Sometimes antibiotics or anesthetics can also lead to pain in the head.
Dehydration and diet
Patients are recommended to drink plenty of water and keep themselves hydrated. Doctors also recommend several juices that are beneficial in keeping the patient hydrated and this is very healthy for the healing process. But, in some cases if the patient do not consume that amount of juices or water that is required to keep them hydrated, this can lead to pain in head and discomfort which also affects the healing process of surgery.
Surgical process can also cause stress and anxiety in some patients, this stress and anxiety can lead to discomfort and headache. It is always recommended to patient to keep themselves stress free and in a comfortable environment. High level of stress interrupt the sleeping process and leading to headache.
Prevention and management of headache after wisdom tooth removal
Several guidelines are provided by the dental specialist to the patient regarding prevention and management of the headache that occur after the removal of wisdom tooth. Some of the important instructions that are provided are listed below.
- It is always recommended to drink plenty of water and various juices that are beneficial for the health of the person and keep the person hydrated. Dehydration is one of the main factor that is important to keep the person healthy and this promotes the faster healing process.
- Medication plays an important role in controlling the headache after the surgical process of wisdom to the removal is completed. It is always recommended to use medicine as prescribed by the professional oral surgeons. The misuse of medicines have various side effects one of them is a lot of discomfort and can interrupt the sleeping process of the person.
- It is very important to reduce the stress that occur after the surgical process is completed some of exercises are recommended by the doctor that can reduce the level of stress. it is recommended to meditate and perform deep breathing exercises that can help a lot in reducing the stress.
When to seek medical attention
It is recommended seek medical attention when the headache become persistent and its treatment become difficult. Then it is advice to visit dentist before it causes more problem.