What Do Teeth Look Like Under Veneers?
Dental veneer is type of cosmetic surgery that is used to enhance the aesthetics of surgery. Veneer are thin made of porcelain, designed to cover the front of teeth providing attractive look. They are used in various imperfections like,
- Chipping of teeth
- Discoloration of teeth
- Misalignment or gaps in the teeth.
Importance of teeth look like under veneer
It is very important to know about how teeth look after dental veneer procedure. Dental veneers are used to improve the appearance of teeth and they are of different sizes. They are of different shape, size and color. Final result of dental veneer depend on various factors which are discussed above. They are custom made and it is important to take size of teeth before making veneers.
Common material used for veneers
Commonly two type of material are mostly used to make dental veneers.
These are most common and popular type of material that is used to make dental veneers. They are custom made in the dental laboratory according to the size of the patient teeth. They can withstand more stains as compared composite resin dental veneers. The veneers that are made up of porcelain has resemblance to the natural tooth. They are considered better and are long lasting as compared to the composite resin material veneers.
Composite resin material
These are more cheaper as compared to the porcelain made dental veneers. They are easy to apply and directly applied on the teeth by the dentist in a single visit. They are not resistance to the stain like the porcelain veneers, but they can still provide improvement in the appearance of teeth. These are especially for the people who can’t afford porcelain veneers, composite resin veneers are best option for them due to its affordability.
What do teeth look like under veneers
Impact on tooth color
- Veneer can be used to whiten the teeth, they are made according to desire of the patient. They can be of any color which is desired by the person. These are mostly used by the persons who are prone to staining what discoloration of the teeth. These veneers can be used to solve their problems.
Veneers had consistent color, they are not like on which strains are present, color varies from one surface to another. The colour of vinegar is consistent throughout the surface and provide uniform and attractive appearance. This enhances the esthetics of the person and make smile attractive.
Changes in tooth shape and size
Clear also changes shape and size of the teeth making more aesthetic smile and appearance to the person.
- Videos can be used to correct or reshape the teeth, dentist graft the veneers in such a way that they provide more harmonious and attractive look.
- Veneers can also be used and lengthening and shortening of the teeth. It is done as recommended by the doctor and necessity of the patient. Are too long or short they can be corrected with the help of veneers.
Transparency of veneers
Transparency and translucency For one of the major factors that help in providing natural look to the veneers.
- Natural death have specific effect that allowed the light to pass through it known as translucency. High quality of porcelain veneers are designed in such a way that they provide maximum amount of translucency to the veneer that help in providing natural look.
- Different types of veneers have varying degree of transparency depending upon the quality of their material. Mostly dentists try to keep the balance between the amount of transparency and natural look result along with maintaining the desired color of the tooth.
Factors influencing appearance of veneers
The appearance of veneers greatly depend upon the type of the material that has been used her in making veneers.
Porcelain veneers are basically considered as good quality of veneers. They are very close to the natural appearance of the teeth. You play important role in bringing that attractive smile and are long lasting as compared to the other the type of veneers.
Composite resin veneer
These are cheaper as compared to the porcelain veneers. They require more maintenance and repairing as compared to the other type of veneers. The only advantage of this type of veneer is that they are affordable and easy to apply.
Role of dentist in crafting veneer
The shape and the final result of the veneer greatly depends upon the skill and the experience of the dentist.
- The first step is to choose the right design of the veneer according to the anatomy of patient teeth, so that it will fit in it. Selecting the right shape, size and color please important role in creating harmonious smiles.
- The next step is preparation and application of the veneer. The correct application of the veneer is very important and an expert dentist always ensure the secure attachment of the veneers to the teeth.
Factors related to patient
Some of the factors related to the patient that affect the appearance of the veneer are discussed below.
- The condition of the test is one of the most important factors that help in getting the positive results from veneers. If the tooth torn, then it is very difficult to craft such kind of veneers. but if the tooth is healthy that will provide better canvas and long life.
- If the teeth are misaligned, that creates minor problems, but such kind of misaligned teeth can be aligned with the help of veneers. The veneers can be used to make the straighter appearance of the teeth.
- If the bite of a person is misaligned, the upper and the lower teeth do not umm in correct direction this can affect the longevity of the veneer. It is duty of the dentists to notice such factors and make veneers according to them.